The Kittyhawk Cup is a special ScaleACT judging category where all entrants build the same aircraft kit. Initially, the rules were strictly ‘Out of the Box’ but since 2006 have been expanded to include the use of after-market Decals.
The name Kittyhawk Cup originated from the time the Australian War Memorial asked the Society if we could build a batch of Kittyhawks for the Memorial Education staff. We had such a great time working on the same model that we enshrined the idea in this annual competition, which has subsequently been expanded to include armoured subjects in The Sentinel Shield, occasional Maritime subjects in The Maritime Medal and the relatively new The Grail – a catchall category for less frequently subscribed modelling subjects.
- 2017: Stuart Coleman. Eduard 1/48 Supermarine Spitfire Mk.IX.
- 2016: Stuart Coleman. Revell 1/72 Messerschmitt Me 262.
- 2015: Brad Fallen. Airfix 1/72 Bristol Blenheim.
- 2014: Clayton Ockerby. Tamiya 1/72 Mitsubishi Zero.
- 2013: Chris Leeman. Hasegawa 1/72 F-18.
- 2012: Rod Martin. Airfix 1/72 Bf110.
- 2011: Peter Mahoney. Airfix 1/72 MiG 15.
- 2010: Jerry Cashman. Hobby Boss 1/72 Corsair II.
- 2009: Brad Cancian. Roden 1/72 Fokker D7.
- 2008: Li Choo. Hobby Boss 1/72 Bf109.
- 2007: Jeff Wilson. Hasegawa 1/72 F104.
- 2006: Peter Shum. Revell 1/72 P-51.
- 2005: Peter Shum. Revell 1/72 P-47.
- 2004: Jerry Cashman. Academy 1/72 Storch.
- 2003: David Hinde. Italeri 1/72 Hawker Harrier.
- 2002: Jerry Cashman. Revell 1/72 Spitfire V.