1. The competition
Competition participants will submit logo designs to represent the 50th anniversary of the ACT Scale Modellers’ Society (ACTSMS). The winning design will become the official logo for events the ACTSMS arranges throughout 2022 to celebrate the anniversary.
The competition opens on 9 June and closes on 28 July 2021.
2. Who is eligible:
This contest is open to anyone on an individual basis. Contestants can submit multiple entries.
3. Judging panel:
The judging panel will consist of members of the ACTSMS committee and the ACTSMS Life Members group
The decision of the judging panel will be considered final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
The designer of the winning logo will receive one year free ACTSMS membership, a framed certificate, one of each of the 50th anniversary merchandise items that is produced featuring the winning logo, and $100 donated by the Life Members group
5. Announcement and awarding of prizes:
The winning anniversary logo will be announced at the ACTSMS Annual General Meeting on Wednesday 11th August 2021 at the Hellenic Club in Woden. The prize will be presented to the logo designer at this meeting, or at the nearest convenient meeting if the designer is not present.
6. When to submit:
From 9 June to 28 July 2021
7. How to submit:
Submit your entry through the ACTSMS Hotmail email account: firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Requirements for entries:
- Entries must bear no signatures or any personal signals.
- Entries should not use Clip Art or other commercial designs
9. Other Terms and Conditions
- The logo must be original.
- The work must be created by the artist themselves.
- The logo design may be based on the existing official ACTSMS logo, or may be a unique design.
- Logo design for this competition cannot give rise to any claim for financial compensation.
- The award–winning work becomes the property of the ACTSMS from the date it is received. The designer waives any copyright in its design. The ACTSMS may use the design at the sole discretion of its Committee.
- Any person submitting a logo proposal for the competition certifies that he/she is the designer. He/she also certifies that the logo does not infringe the rights of any third party and is not in violation of any copyright.
- The winner will be informed directly by the ACTSMS by email and invited to attend the announcement at the ACTSMS AGM on Wednesday 11th August 2021.
- By participating in the competition, participants accept all competition rules and agree to be bound by them.