The Kittyhawk Cup subject for ScaleACT-21 is the ARMA Hobby 1/72 Wildcat series.
As of January 2021 this kit is available in three boxings (with another to be released in the near future), any/all of which are eligible for the Kittyhawk cup – to be specific:
Kittyhawk Cup 2021 eligible models:
- ARMA Hobby 1/72 FM-2 Wildcat (kit A70031)
- ARMA Hobby 1/72 Wildcat Mk.VI (kit A70032)
- ARMA Hobby 1/72 FM-2 Wildcat (kit A70033)
- ARMA Hobby 1/72 F4F-4 Wildcat (kit A70047) – coming soon!
Kittyhawk Cup Rules.
- Only the kits listed above are eligible for entry
- The competition is open to all modellers, ACTSMS members or not
- The model must be constructed strictly to ACTSMS ‘Out of the Box‘ rules. No materials not provided in the original box may be used. No aftermarket parts etc. No cross-kitting (transferring parts between boxings) permitted. The one exception to the Out of the Box principal relates to decals (see below)
- Modellers may finish their models using aftermarket decals and/or paint schemes
- Kittyhawk Cup entries will be judged as a stand-alone category, provided ACTSMS judging rules regarding number of category entries and entrants are met.
What is the Kittyhawk Cup?
The Kittyhawk Cup is a special Scale ACT judging category where all entrants must build a particular aircraft model, to our “Out of the Box” rules. The name originated from a project undertaken by ACTSMS members to build eight Academy 1/72 P-40E Kittyhawk models in RAAF markings for the Australian War Memorial.