The model for the ScaleACT -19 Kittyhawk Cup is the Eduard 1/48 MiG-21 “Weekend Edition” range and the Revell 1/48 MiG-21 SMT kits.
- Eduard 1/48 MiG-21R (kit 84123)
- Eduard 1/48 MiG-21PFM (kit 84124)
- Eduard 1/48 MiG-21MF (kit 84125)
- Eduard 1/48 MiG-21MF (kit 84126)
- Eduard 1/48 MiG-21PF (kit 84127)
- Eduard 1/48 MiG-21MFN (kit 84128)
- Eduard 1/48 MiG-21SMT/MT (kit 84129)
- Eduard 1/48 MiG-21BIS (kit 841231)
- Revell 1/48 MiG-21 SMT (kit 03915)
Kittyhawk Cup Rules.
The Rules are very simple:
- only the kits listed above are eligible
- the competition is open to all modellers, ACTSMS members or not
- the model must be constructed strictly to ACTSMS ‘Out of the Box‘ rules. No materials not provided in the original box may be used. No aftermarket parts etc. No cross-kitting (transferring parts between boxings) permitted. The one exception to the Out of the Box principal relates to decals (see below)
- modellers may finish their models using aftermarket decals and/or paint schemes
- Kittyhawk Cup entries will be judged as a stand-alone category, provided ACTSMS judging rules regarding number of category entries and entrants are met.
What is the Kittyhawk Cup?
The Kittyhawk Cup is a special Scale ACT judging category where all entrants must build a particular 1/72 aircraft model, to our “Out of the Box” rules.
Oh, and why call this special aircraft competition the “Kittyhawk Cup? This comes from a project undertaken by ACTSMS members to build eight Academy 1/72 P-40E Kittyhawk models in RAAF markings for the Australian War Memorial.