In recognition of the centenary of the formation of the Royal Australian Air Force (established March 1921), we are planning a series of special awards for models associated with the RAAF at any time in its history.
So, not just aircraft, but also airfield construction vehicles, firefighting vehicles, and lots more!
There will be four award categories, these being:
- Series 1 aircraft http://www.adf-serials.com.au/raaf1.htm
- Series 2 aircraft http://www.adf-serials.com.au/raaf2.htm
- Series 3 aircraft http://www.adf-serials.com.au/raaf3.htm
- Anything else RAAF. Including; ground vehicles, watercraft, personnel in RAAF uniform, etc.
The best model in the above four categories will each receive a special award, and the very best out of these four will further receive an extra-special prize!
In addition, each entrant will receive a memento of their participation, and there will be an extra incentive prize for entrants of Series 1 aircraft.
How to enter
The RAAF Centenary award is not a separate competition. Simply enter your model(s) in the regular competition, and you will also be in the running for the RAAF Centenary award!
Entries to this competition must meet the following criteria;
- Any model built from a kit, out of the box, modified or scratch-built
- Real-life subjects only, no ‘what if’
- Diecast models or pre-assembled models are not eligible
Should there be any doubt on whether an entry meets these conditions, the decision of the Scale ACT Chief Judges team is final.