The Sentinel Shield subject for ScaleACT-20 is the Tamiya 1/48 British Tank Churchill Mk.VII Crocodile.
As of November 2019 this kit is only available in a single boxing; to be specific;
- Tamiya 1/48 British Tank Churchill Mk.VII Crocodile (32594)
Sentinel Shield Rules.
- only the kit(s) listed above are eligible for entry
- the competition is open to all modellers, ACTSMS members or not
- the model must be constructed strictly to ACTSMS ‘Out of the Box‘ rules. No materials not found in the original box may be used. No aftermarket parts etc.
- The one exception to the standard ‘out of the box’ rule is that modellers may finish their models using aftermarket decals and/or paint schemes
- Sentinel Shield entries will be judged as a stand-alone category, provided ACTSMS judging rules regarding number of category entries and entrants are met.
What is the Sentinel Shield?
The Sentinel Shield is a special Scale ACT judging category where all entrants must build a particular AFV model, to ACTSMS “Out of the Box” rules.
Oh, and why call this special military vehicle competition the “Sentinel” Shield? This comes from the AC1 Sentinel, the Australian-designed and manufactured tank produced during WWII.