The model chosen for the ScaleACT -19 Sentinel Shield is the Tamiya 1/48 Tiger 1 range of kits
- Tamiya 1/48 German Tiger I Initial Production Tiger I (Africa Korps) (32529)
- Tamiya 1/48 German Tiger I Early Production Tank (32504)
- Tamiya 1/48 German Tiger I Late Production (32575)
- Tamiya 1/48 German 38cm Assault Mortar Sturmtiger (32591)
Sentinel Shield Rules.
- only the kit(s) listed above are eligible for entry
- the competition is open to all modellers, ACTSMS members or not
- the model must be constructed strictly to ACTSMS ‘Out of the Box‘ rules. No materials not found in the original box may be used. No aftermarket parts etc. There are two exceptions for this year and this kit; (see below)
- Out of the Box Exception 1: modellers may finish their models using aftermarket decals and/or paint schemes
- Out of the Box Exception 2: modellers may add home-made or aftermarket zimmerit anti-magnetic mine paste
- Sentinel Shield entries will be judged as a stand-alone category, provided ACTSMS judging rules regarding number of category entries and entrants are met.
What is the Sentinel Shield?
The Sentinel Shield is a special Scale ACT judging category where all entrants must build a particular AFV model, to ACTSMS “Out of the Box” rules.
Oh, and why call this special military vehicle competition the “Sentinel” Shield? This comes from the AC1 Sentinel, the Australian-designed and manufactured tank produced during WWII.