The Sentinel Shield subject for Scale ACT 21 is the Tamiya 1/48 T-55 Medium Tank kit.
As of January 2021 this kit is only available in a single boxing; to be specific:
Sentinel Shield 2021 eligible model:
- Tamiya 1/48 T-55 Russian Medium Tank (kit 32598)
Sentinel Shield Rules.
- Only the kit listed above is eligible for entry
- The competition is open to all modellers, ACTSMS members or not
- The model must be constructed strictly to ACTSMS ‘Out of the Box‘ rules. No materials not provided in the original box may be used. No aftermarket parts etc. No cross-kitting (transferring parts between boxings) permitted. The one exception to the Out of the Box principal relates to decals (see below)
- Modellers may finish their models using aftermarket decals and/or paint schemes
- Sentinel Shield entries will be judged as a stand-alone category, provided ACTSMS judging rules regarding number of category entries and entrants are met.
What is the Sentinel Shield?
The Sentinel Shield is a special Scale ACT judging category where all entrants must build a particular AFV model, to ACTSMS “Out of the Box” rules. The name of this competition originates with the AC1 Sentinel, the Australian-designed and manufactured tank produced during WWII.