The model for ScaleACT -18 Kittyhawk Cup is the Academy/AFV Club 1/72 AH-64 Apache range of kits.
- Academy 1/72 AH-64D Block II (Early) Longbow Apache (kit 12514)
- Academy 1/72 British Army AH-64D “Afghanistan” (kit 12537)
- Academy 1/72 US Army AH-64D Block II Late version (kit 12551)
- AFV Club 1/72 AH-64D Apache Longbow “Flying Tiger” (kit AR72S01)
Kittyhawk Cup Rules.
The Rules are very simple:
- only the kits listed above are eligible
- the competition is open to all modellers, ACTSMS members or not
- the model must be constructed strictly to ACTSMS ‘Out of the Box‘ rules. No materials not provided in the original box may be used. No aftermarket parts etc. No cross-kitting (transferring parts between boxings) permitted. The one exception is decals (see below)
- modellers mayfinish their models using aftermarket decals and/or paint schemes
- Kittyhawk Cup entries will be judged as a stand-alone category, provided ACTSMS judging rules regarding number of category entries and entrants are met.
What is the Kittyhawk Cup?
The Kittyhawk Cup is a special Scale ACT judging category where all entrants must build a particular 1/72 aircraft model, to our “Out of the Box” rules.
Oh, and why call this special aircraft competition the “Kittyhawk Cup? This comes from a project undertaken by ACTSMS members to build eight Academy 1/72 P-40E Kittyhawk models in RAAF markings for the Australian War Memorial.